A Chicago-area maker of spirits alleges in federal court that a Grand Rapids-based distillery is infringing on its trademark with the planned launch of a new rye whiskey.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Nov. 13, 2017:
• M&A: Wabash, Ind.-based Martin Yale Industries LLC, a portfolio company of Grand Rapids-based private equity firm LV2 Equity Partners LLC, acquired Dry-Lam LLC of Shawnee, Kan., according to a statement. The transaction marked the second bolt-on acquisition for Martin Yale, a manufacturer of print finishing, office and mailroom equipment. Dry-Lam is a distributor of laminating equipment and films to the office product and commercial print finishing industries. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Dry-Lam’s distribution center will be relocated to Martin Yale’s Indiana facility.
- Martin Yale Industries LLC
- LV2 Equity Partners LLC
- DryLam LLC
- Printing Consolidation Co
- Dickinson Press LLC
- Kingsport Book
- Blackford Capital
- KAR Laboratories Inc
- Pace Analytical Services LLC
- Morbark LLC
- Rayco Manufacturing Inc
- Stellex Capital Management LP
- DeWitt Barrels Inc
- DBI Recycling LLC
- Industrial Container Services LLC
- Inland Seas Engineering Inc
- GEI Consultants Inc
- McLaren Health Care Corp
- Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County
- Indiana University Health
- Metro HealthUniversity of Michigan Health
- Grand Rapids Family Physicians
- Dr David Kutsche
- Dr Gregory Hazle
- Julie Cooper
- Michigan Economic Development Corp
- Litehouse Inc
- Service Express Inc
- Ceres Solutions Cooperative
- The Right Place Inc
- Newaygo County Economic Development Office
- Hutt Logistics Inc
- ARCO Design/Build
Many executives at companies in West Michigan’s medical device supply chain came out of the automotive industry only to find they’re facing all-too-familiar challenges in their current roles.
A farmer owned and operated hop grower in northern Kent County has acquired a nearby operation whose owners were looking to move into their next phase of life.
Boersen Farms Inc., the Zeeland-based farming company that flirted with bankruptcy, is no longer under the control of a court-appointed receiver.
With $562 million in cash on its balance sheet, automotive supplier Gentex Corp. continues to be on the hunt for acquisition opportunities that can help bolster its technology portfolio.
The active mergers and acquisitions market shows no signs of slowing down for the foreseeable future.
The family-owned Middleville Tool & Die Co. found itself in a precarious position in the last couple of years leading up to December 2016.
For its first acquisition following the transformational deal that created SpartanNash Co., the grocery retailer and distributor opted to buy a company that positioned it in a related high-growth market.
GRAND RAPIDS — A West Michigan investment company has completed the first in what it hopes to be a string of acquisitions of independent, regional seed producers.