For the annual year-end Crystal Ball edition, MiBiz asked executives from around West Michigan to share their outlook for the year ahead.
Specifically, we asked them: Where do you see the economy going in 2017 and how will that influence your industry and/or your company? They also had a chance to weigh in on state and national politics, changes to the Affordable Care Act, interest rates, and their worries for the new year.
Here’s what they had to say:
- Daryl Adams, Spartan Motors Inc.
- Laura Appel, Michigan Health & Hospital Association
- Steve Arwood, Michigan Economic Development Corp.
- Rick Breon, Spectrum Health Grand Rapids
- Kyle Caldwell, Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy, Grand Valley State University
- Rick DeKam, Midwest Realty Group LLC
- Tim Engen, Vision Real Estate Investment Inc.
- Patrick Greene, Cascade Die Casting Group Inc.
- Chuck Hadden, Michigan Manufacturers Association
- John Irwin, Huntington Bank
- Jennifer Owens, Lakeshore Advantage
- Carrie Pickett-Erway, Kalamazoo Community Foundation
- Don Shoemaker, Franklin Partners
- Andy Sietsema, Sietsema Cider LLC
- Peter Skornia, Bazzani Building Co.
- Mindy Ysasi, The SOURCE
- Aaron Zeigler, Zeigler Auto Group