Displaying items by tag: Rua Associates LLC
MUSKEGON — After a career spent in a variety of management and sales roles in the packaging industry, Rich Wilson decided it was time to strike out on his own.
Accuserve Corp. has purchased Paradigm Plus LLC as the owner of the Jenison-based contract packaging company chose to pursue other ventures.
GRAND RAPIDS — Randy Rua left NuVescor Group LLC seven years ago to break out on his own and launch an M&A firm that focused on working with small business owners.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for July 11, 2016.
• M&A: Belding-based Robroy Enclosures Inc., a subsidiary of Robroy Industries Inc. of Verona, Pa., acquired the assets of Texas-based Attabox Industrial Enclosures, according to a statement. The deal complements Robroy Enclosures’ existing Stahlin Non-Metallic Enclosures brand of fiberglass electrical enclosures. Attabox makes engineered enclosures for the industrial, solar, electrical, telecommunications, HVAC, instrumentation/control, government, oil and gas, and construction markets. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for June 27, 2016.
• M&A: German company Kion Group AG, an industrial truck, material handling and logistics automation equipment manufacturer, plans to acquire Dematic Corp. for approximately $2.1 billion in what executives described as a “landmark” transaction. The deal values the logistics and automation firm, whose North American operations are based in Grand Rapids, at an enterprise value of $3.25 billion, according to a joint statement. Dematic generated $1.8 billion in revenues and $166 million in adjusted earnings before interest and taxes during the calendar year 2015. Kion Group will acquire Dematic from funds managed by New York City private equity firm AEA Investors LP and the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan. The deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter pending regulatory approval, also carves out “certain liabilities,” according to a statement.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for May 2, 2016.
- M&A: Brad Davis and Lynne Bosgraaf, both formerly executive team members at Grand Haven-based Light Corp., have acquired Ram Electronics Inc., a manufacturer in Fruitport of printed circuit boards, custom wire harnesses and other components. The deal came about as Ram’s previous owner, Don Neidlinger, looked to retire. Zeeland-based Rua Associates LLC advised Davis and Bosgraaf on the deal, the terms of which were not disclosed. The executives partnered with Mercantile Bank Corp. to structure a loan through the Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s collateral support program. The program provides collateral to fund down payments on expansions or mergers and acquisitions.
- M&A: Lansing-based Neogen Corp., a manufacturer of food and animal safety products, acquired Brazil-based Deoxi Biotecnologia Ltda, an operator of an animal genomics laboratory, according to a statement. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Deoxi’s management and staff will remain with the company.
Two former office furniture executives hope to leverage their collective experience as they start on a new business venture in West Michigan.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for April 4, 2016:
• M&A: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio-based Americhem Group acquired Vi-Chem Corp. of Grand Rapids, according to a statement. Vi-Chem is a supplier of plastic compounds for injection molding, extrusion and blow molding applications. Its customers include companies in the automotive, medical and industrial sectors. Terms of the deal, which closed March 18, were not disclosed. Americhem, a manufacturer of color and additive plastic compounds for the polymer industry, will maintain Vi-Chem’s Grand Rapids operations, where the company employs 85 people.
Rua Associates LLC announced yesterday a new joint venture with The Midland Group, a Fort Wayne, Ind.-based business advisory firm.